Welcome to the Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program at the University of Arizona (PREP @ UAZ)
- Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program at the University of Arizona (PREP @ UAZ) seeks to provide American Indian/Alaskan Native students with a rigorous research and educational program that honors Indigenous perspectives and nurtures a strong sense of well-being and belonging. This program enhances the confidence and success of participants and their matriculation into strong biomedical PhD programs and subsequently increase the diversity of PhD-level scientists.
- Upon completion of PREP students attain a Graduate certificate, Foundations for Biomedical Science PhDs Serving Indigenous Cultures.
- Up to 13 units of graduate-level coursework earned toward this certificate are transferrable towards the requirements of other graduate degree programs at the University of Arizona
- Participants are engaged in 75% mentored research and 25% professional development.
- The program provides a salary of $27,200, health benefits, tuition and academic fees.
- The program will not be accepting applications for the 2023/2024 academic year.
- Professional development
- Financial support
- Social and team building experiences
PREP @ UAZ People
PREP @ UAZ