Welcome to the Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program at the University of Arizona (PREP at UAZ)
- Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program at the University of Arizona (PREP at UAZ) seeks to provide American Indian/Alaskan Native students with a rigorous research and educational program that honors Indigenous perspectives and nurtures a strong sense of well-being and belonging. This program will enhance the confidence and success of participants and their matriculation into strong biomedical PhD programs and subsequently increase the diversity of PhD-level scientists.
- Upon completion of PREP students will attain a Graduate certificate, Foundations for Biomedical Science PhDs Serving Indigenous Cultures.
- Participants will be engaged in 75% mentored research and 25% professional development.
- PREP accepts up to 4 participants into the program, which starts in early June of each year.
- Students will receive a salary of $27,000, plus health insurance.
- If this program is for you, scroll down to the "Application process" and apply.
- Professional development
- Financial support
PREP at UAZ Team
- Participates will apply through the Graduate College HERE
- Early application deadline is March 2
- Application fee waivers are available for American Indian/Alaska Native applicants. Please send an email to Tiffani Begay and include your name, student ID, and Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Membership in an American Indian/Alaskan Native tribe
- Must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Must have graduated or be in the process of graduating with a baccalaureate degree in a biomedically relevant science from an accredited US college or university (no more than 36 months prior to applying to PREP)
- Must not be currently enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Must plan to enter a PhD program in a biomedical field after successful completion of PREP at UAZ
- Applicant’s background information, academic history, statement of purpose, essay, unofficial transcript(s) (if accepted, an official will be required), a copy of GRE scores (if taken), CV and/or resume, and three letters of references.
All applications will be carefully reviewed and evaluated by our committee and we will contact all of our applicants with a response in April.
PREP at UAZ